[lbo-talk] Review of Badiou's Number and Numbers

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 18:05:52 PDT 2009

math is pure! pure, i say! uncorrupted by social relations! seriously, though, i would have hoped there would be a sociology of mathematics (what pops to mind is donna haraway doing sociology and anthropology on the primate anthropologists). not that i can speak for badiou, but i suppose he could say, well, of course it took a communist to apply set theory communistically!

but that came right out from where the sun don't shine, so don't go trying to hold me to that. :)