[lbo-talk] Why are the coup leaders so intransigent?

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Aug 10 13:04:46 PDT 2009

I suspect that they are fearful as to what might come afterwards.

The coup has triggered an upsurge in popular movements that have mobilized to support Zelaya. There is no guarantee that any mainstream politician, including Zelaya, will be able to contain these movements later on.

Jim F.

---------- Original Message ---------- From: Gar Lipow <the.typo.boy at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Why are the coup leaders so intransigent? Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:41:21 -0700

At a guess, they don't want an honest election for his replacement, or even anyone authoritative in country to call them on the election not being honest.

____________________________________________________________ Get an Unsecured Loan - Fast and Low Cost. Click here! http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTIqYvKZxXJseFrvzo46G3cR48I5vWVVHREjbX4Hy9Uyr58ha81iaU/