[lbo-talk] Blue Dogs cashing in

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:52:36 PDT 2009

yeah, not to get into semiology. i was thinking of the way geertz talks about modeling, and this comes out in his definition of religion, which is my main work with geertz. but alan is on this -- for geertz it's about meaning. concepts. symbols are abstract representations of concepts, i think is what he says? and the important part for geertz is meaning.