[lbo-talk] Twitter: >40% pointless babble

Addison Windwall addledwindwall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:11:40 PDT 2009

People who criticise Twitter "just don't get it." If one is not among the early adopters who were able to wordlessly intuit the significance of Twitter prior to its popular ascent, what there is to "get" about Twitter requires 140+ characters to explain: Twitter's episteme cannot be tweeted. Simultaneous to the development of this structural limitation, dedicated Twits also report that they are abandoning longer forms - blog posts, RSS feeds of other's blog posts, and mailing list participation.