[lbo-talk] Twitter: >40% pointless babble

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Aug 14 12:28:18 PDT 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Bob Morris wrote:
>> Ravi
>
> Well heck, you've already made it clear your mind is snapped shut on
> this
> and no further input will be permitted.

Eh, wot?

> So I won't say that it's called the real time web and everyone
> including
> Google thinks it's a huge deal. Google will be rolling out Google
> Wave soon
> specifically because of the real time web, and Wave could well be a
> game-changer.

I tend to stay away from terms like "real time web", "Internet of things", etc, but from what I understand by looking at the video and talking to Google insiders, Wave is a sort of email on steroids type app. Which is nice, and does relate to Facebook in the sense that it pays special attention to collaboration, but again the larger point eludes me. Of course Google's products are going to compete with Facebook's and Apple's and Microsoft's etc... they are all in the same space. If that's your point, I do not disagree.

--ravi