[lbo-talk] free!

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Aug 20 10:03:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 02:34:39PM -0700, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> I have, as recently stated, a bunch of computers. I'll pick two and
> talk about them. One of them is a server; the other is a laptop.

You mean your laptop only used occasionally to print a label cost you more than your 99.999% uptime server class machine? No way!

I bet the server uses more electricity too!

I'm not sure what this proves other than you compared apples and oranges.

If software from Redmond is so cheap, why aren't you replacing the RHEL server with Windows Server 2007 and IIS?

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim: beyondzero123 yahoo msg: beyondzero123

"Hold your fire" - that's what I told the FBI.

-Kool Keith