[lbo-talk] Review of Badiou's Number and Numbers

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 05:13:18 PDT 2009

Carnap's essay on Heidegger completely missed the point, as well as Heidegger's central thesis, which was specifically that "nothing" is not a thing. Carnap then procedes to treat Heidegger as if the matter was dealing with "nothing" as if it were a thing.

Logical positivism logically (heh) entails either mysticism or idealism. Wittgenstein was being consistent, and Carnap was being, well, dumb as a rock.