[lbo-talk] Green Capitalism not in libraries!

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Aug 23 11:19:51 PDT 2009

I went to order this last night, alas:

>Dear Ms Shag,
>We have received your request for Green Capitalism: Manufacturing scarcity
>in an age of abundance by James Heartfield Unfortunately, this item
>cannot be located in any libraries.

Take heart though, James. R wanted some obscure book -- I mean totally obscure -- and he requested the library purchase it. They did!

Meanwhile, I think our librarians in this town are really horrible. I have never seen anything like it. They act like they are annoyed when you check books out. When we go, we typically check out a dozen or more books. Sometimes a couple of dozen. Generally, we do read them all. But these librarians act like it's a sin to check out books, let alone that many books. Verah verah irritatin'. and I can say that I have experienced many different library system, in cities, small towns, and rurual area, state colleges and private. I've never encountered such crappy attitudes.

If I didn't love librarians most of the time, and sympathize with anyone who does customer service, I would probably start a blog dedicated to how crappy the front desk library personnel are here.

they are even shitty when I try to donate money or buy something from their fundraiser!