[lbo-talk] Let's Argue About Sonic Youth's "Retro-necro reverence"!

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 16:54:15 PDT 2009

At 04:35 PM 8/25/2009, martin wrote:
>On Aug 25, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
>
>>I know. It bothers me. The parents and the kids go to the same
>>concerts, which is wrong
>
>Might not be the kids being challenged. - and draggin' mom and dad
>around with you is probably kinda' transgressive.

That was Steve Jones talking, not me. I'm not sure I agree. I took my kid to see Nancy Sinatra and we had a good time. She was eight though. She's ten now and sometimes I think it would be fun to take her to an all-ages gig.

In a couple years though she probably would rather die than go to a concert with me. I suppose that's as it should be.