[lbo-talk] Let's Argue About Sonic Youth's "Retro-necro reverence"!

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:39:46 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Dennis Claxton<ddclaxton at earthlink.net> quoted Steve Jones:

> I know. It bothers me. The parents and the kids go to the same concerts,
> which is wrong

'Kids today' - at least the ones into music - are able to have a much broader knowledge of pop history, thanks to the digital availability. If the classics were all they wanted to hear (as with the bulk of classical audiences) it would be a bad thing, but as a healthy part of a balanced diet, I don't see what the problem is.

Mike Beggs