[lbo-talk] Let's Argue About Sonic Youth's "Retro-necro reverence"!

RicardoStarkey at aol.com RicardoStarkey at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 18:14:56 PDT 2009

In a message dated 8/25/2009 12:49:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, dwayne.monroe at gmail.com writes:

K-punk writes: "...the obviously formulaic later phase certainly consolidated by the time of Goo..."

I still really like _Goo_. It's the only SY album I was ever motivated to buy. I think "Kool Thing" is a classic. Love Chuck D's voice on that. "Tunic (Song for Karen)" is strangely effective. I could do without "Mildred Pierce," though. Maybe it'd help if I read the novel or saw the film. I hear Kate Winslet is working on a new version. Maybe I'll catch it. Hard to believe that next year _Goo_ will be 20 years old!