[lbo-talk] after SY retrocity...

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 19:55:22 PDT 2009

So, here's the question: Why are there no Rock and Roll standards like there are in Jazz, Blues and Folk? Where did the idea that such things were "covers" - and therefore lesser - rather than "standards" - and therefore nods to greatness? Me, personally, I LOVE a good cover - Mark Lanegan's version of The Leaving Trains' "Creeping Coastline of Lights" comes to mind - but hate most cover bands (and most cover records, even Giant Sand's Cover Magazine [and they are my favorite band]). A