[lbo-talk] Let's Argue About Sonic Youth's "Retro-necro reverence"!

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:10:24 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Jeffrey Fisher<jeff.jfisher at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for Sonic Youth themselves, I knew nothing of them until I was introduced
> by a friend to Daydream Nation (1988, I believe, was the release, to answer
> Chris's question), and it was a revelation.

Like some others, I've always thought that this was their weakest (of the ones I've heard, I've been remiss for the past decade or so) and I never understood how it was particularly accessible. It flirts with boring. But, yeah, sex, pizza and SY.

But the ecstatic splendor of Sister... just listening to that gets me high.

-- Andy