[lbo-talk] let's argue about the cause of mental illness

mart media314159 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 01:20:45 PDT 2009

this sounds like a 'living marxism' POV ('3rd world poverty can be cured by technology---in a much warmer world it will all be buried under rising seas or eliminated via drought). as for suicide rates, one can go through the data, but one can factor in 'death by cop' as an alternative to suicide or by crew; or 'i wanna be sedated' (ramones) as another technological fix.

its unconvincing.

and, as for anti-science, the people who commonly promote this are not uncommonly just PR agents for people who get science grants of some sort. (if creationism wins, then they get a church, while if science wins we get a conference center with wine and cheese.)