[lbo-talk] let's argue about the cause of mental illness

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Aug 27 17:15:37 PDT 2009

At 01:28 PM 8/27/2009, Matthias Wasser wrote:
>Being raped makes you much likelier to have PTSD and to care a lot about the
>fact that there's a lot of rape out there. I don't see the mystery, although
>I can certainly see the alarm.

radical feminism is a specific species of feminism. i am vehemently _not_ a radical feminist and I have been almost raped twice, once if I bought the def of rape peddled by the radfemz (i don't buy it and i think they are, by and large, fucked up wankers).

i care about a rape, FYVM.

plenty of feminists and women who don't identify as such also care about rape, without ever being raped. my mother, hardly a radfem, worked at a rape crisis center and i came along for the ride one night a week, sitting at their feet in consciousness raising sessions. they were typical liberal feminists.

i and those among my acquaintances who aren't radfemz just don't happen to think that it's the lynchpin of gender oppression -- which a radfem does think.

christ. but thanks for the gumball, mickey.