[lbo-talk] let's argue about the cause of mental illness

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Aug 28 07:13:23 PDT 2009

At 10:02 AM 8/28/2009, Carrol Cox wrote:
>Everyone tried to replace a non-question with some question that could
>be (possibly) discussed.

when I consulted the archives, *YOU* have answered my question at least four times in the past explaining that yes, of course, the claim that mental disorders are called by "chemical imbalances" is nonsense. It is useful nonsense, in your view, but nonsense nonetheless. Similarly, Miles has argued the same over the years, and repeated it in this conversation. Both of you confirmed Petersen's claims, which was what I was asking about: are the claims about mental illness caused by "chemical disorders"unfounded?

You, yourself, have argued yes several times. Of course, the argument consisted handwaving and talking as if there was no argument at all. With Petersen, I have the actual research to examine.