[lbo-talk] US not a private enterprise system

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 28 21:56:44 PDT 2009

Charles wrote:

Here's an example of results of anti-public enterprise propaganda stupifying lots of Americans

TOWN HALL LUNACY INCLUDES OUTRAGED CALLS TO 'KEEP GOVERNMENT OUT OF MEDICARE,' WHEN MEDICARE IS GOVERNMENT By Joshua Holland, AlterNet Some can't reconcile what they believe about the propaganda that is fed to them with their own positive experiences with public programs like Medicare. http://www.alternet.org/politics/142174/town_hall_lunacy_includes_outraged_calls_to_%27keep_government_out_of_medicare%2C%27_when_medicare_is_government/ ***************** Fascinating subject line on the next item:

Re: [lbo-talk] let's argue about the cause of mental illness

Maybe a lot of mental illness is caused by ignorance, combined with the 'hooray for me; fuck you narrow individualism' which is so heavily advertised as 'freedom' in the societies which we live within.

Mike B)

*********************************************************************** Hwahwa hahuna ndashanya. Beer has no regard for a visitor. http://wobblytimes.blogspot.com/

__________________________________________________________________________________ Find local businesses and services in your area with Yahoo!7 Local. Get started: http://local.yahoo.com.au