[lbo-talk] Herta Müller and the Securitate

John E. Norem jnorem at cox.net
Mon Aug 31 06:40:11 PDT 2009

Securitate in all but name

Twenty years after Ceausescu's execution his secret service is

still active. For the first time, Romanian-German writer Herta

Müller describes her ongoing experience of Securitate terror.

For me each journey to Romania is also a journey into another time, in which I never knew which events in my life were coincidence and which were staged. This is why I have, in each and every public statement I have made, demanded *access to the secret files* kept on me which, under various pretexts, has invariably been denied me. Instead, each time there was signs that I was once again, that is to say, still under observation.

http://www.signandsight.com/features/1910.html