[lbo-talk] 'Grey Vampirism' Obama's betrayal of hope

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:05:20 PST 2009

Shag wrote (about Mark Fisher's "grey vampirism"):

the fuck? OK, so whoever called someone a fan -- they really meant a devotee. Why the need to hold on to the word fan? rescue it? who frickin' cares? maybe there are just different kinds of fans? like maybe we could be aristotle and run 'round classifying maybe, who knows?, 20 different kinds of fans.

Listen, I'm a simple guy.

As long as I have a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin (see link below for details), a solid gold rocket car and a tuna sandwich I'm good to go.

Some people routinely engage in jackassery when participating in online debates. The venerable label 'troll' describes some of these people but not all. Grey vampirism is merely another descriptive tool.

It's useful.

I don't really care that some of our young philosophes who use the term have gotten carried away, mistaking a clever idea for a profound insight. It happens.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin --

<<http://www.vimeo.com/7812379>

.d.