[lbo-talk] 'Grey Vampirism' Obama's betrayal of hope

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:55:30 PST 2009

I too wondered what "depersonalising passion" meant; google didn't come up with much. So I assumed it just meant a passion which you pursue with healthy disregard to how people will praise you personally.

I noticed something similar to the "fan" thing too: there's a certain point at which a fan is accused of betrayal, even if the fan is just being very consistent in following some of the spirit (rather than the letter) of the object she's a fan of.

I kinda skimmed it, and I don't know if it's profound or useful, but I didn't find it a bad read. It strikes me as a rant about some passive-aggressiveness the author's seen. And I'm not sure there's a particularly strong link between the Grey Vampire stuff and The Fan.

Tayssir