[lbo-talk] deadly force

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Dec 10 11:00:52 PST 2009

Doug quotes Choire:

>> The main downside, it seems to me, is that, now that the
>> intruder is dead, she'll never know why he was breaking in.

Right, there's so many good reasons for breaking into someone's house for 10+ minutes and not stopping when they hear a warning shot. Maybe the guy was deaf, did that poor woman ever think of that? Maybe he was delivering a birthday cake; sometimes delivery people have to spend 10+ minutes breaking down a door, because hey: they live for the tips!

So many people get shot and we never know why!

Here's one just a few minutes ago, only a few miles from Doug.

http://wcbstv.com/breakingnewsalerts/times.square.shooting.2.1361937.html

NEW YORK (CBS) ? An armed man who apparently exchanged fire

with a police officer and a security guard outside a Times

Square hotel on Thursday morning was shot and killed by

the officer, CBS 2 has learned.

[...]

It's not yet known what sparked the gun fight.

I guess we'll never know. Such a downside!

/jordan