[lbo-talk] Firesale of the Empire

Bob Morris bob.morris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:33:57 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Eric Beck <ersatzdog at gmail.com> wrote:

> > However Taibbi is getting the message out to a lot of people for whom it
> is > quite new.
>
> Is it really that new? Do people really not know that there is an upward
> (re)distribution of wealth happening? Not to be rude, but I call bullshit on
> that.

I think such ideas are new to lots of people now. Way more than even a year ago.

Was talking with some little old ladies here in Orange County on Wed., all of them are prosperous retirees. They were genuinely shocked at how Obama was giving the bankers whatever they wanted and saw a real possibility of major social unrest coming.

I doubt they had such thoughts a year ago.