[lbo-talk] Obama: killing for 2012

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:23:47 PST 2009

I come dangerously close to agreeing with Shane as well, but suspect his use of the term Pashtunistan may be unnecessarily vague. The Durranis, with whom the West is currently aligned against the Ghilzai, are also Pashtuns. As Christopher Booker summarizes ( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/6570380/Why-we-will-lose-in-Afghanistan.html) and Richard North explains at great length ( http://www.defenceoftherealm.blogspot.com), our current Afghan adventure can only be considered as an intervention into a 300-year civil war between rival groups of Pashtuns.

There's no such thing as a "war on Afghanistan," not least because