[lbo-talk] Invertebrate tool use

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 09:21:59 PST 2009

Oh yeah I know. I was responding to a different point; inadequate text clipping. Me culpa. Please don't eat me.

Not that I am an authority on the history of the condiment that dare not speak its name, but I'm pretty sure eating enemies was common in New Guinea until pretty recently.

----- Original Message ---- From: Matthias Wasser <matthias.wasser at gmail.com>

I wasn't asking about that (where your point seems rather obvious.) I was just curious as to the factual provenance of Engels' (I meant Engels') historical assertion that "before slavery, warriors simply killed their captives! And in even more primitive times - they ATE each other!" Was this sort of thing widely believed by educated people at the time? &c. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk