[lbo-talk] Invertebrate tool use

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:48:59 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Not that I am an authority on the history of the condiment that dare not
> speak its name, but I'm pretty sure eating enemies was common in New Guinea
> until pretty recently.

It still is, specifically alleged witches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tribe/tribes/kombai http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/cannibals.html

I seem to remember Daniel Quinn favorably comparing the merits of this mode of social organization with those of agricultural civilization, but cannot remember in which of his books.