[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1077, Issue 4

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 16 16:23:27 PST 2009

=========================== Yes, but even excluding the PLA infantry, there were almost certainly more than 20,000 CP militants who fought in Spain and in the resistance movements throughout Nazi-occupied Europe in the course of a decade. On the other hand, if Hobsbawn was alluding only to full-timers employed by the party at all levels, 20,000 is a very impressive number, and probably an exaggeration. But we'd need to see the quote...