[lbo-talk] This is Your Pilot Slurring: Garbled Message From Cockpit Sparks Rebellion on Russian Plane ---- Russian TV Show Host Mediates Crisis

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 06:43:40 PST 2009

----- Original Message ---- From: Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 4:03:04 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] This is Your Pilot Slurring: Garbled Message From Cockpit Sparks Rebellion on Russian Plane ---- Russian TV Show Host Mediates Crisis

Right. There have been no psychopathic killers in the United States.

This is how national stereotyping works. If it happens on my side of the hill, it's a freakish abberation. If it happens on the other side of the hill, it's symptomatic of a larger whole.

[WS:] I am totally with you on that, Chris. Nonetheless, alcoholism is a serious problem in Russia, no? Did you read Erofeev's book "Moskva- Petushki"? http://books.google.com/books?id=9B7aarMNw4AC&printsec=frontcover

Wojtek