[lbo-talk] This is Your Pilot Slurring: Garbled Message From Cockpit Sparks Rebellion on Russian Plane ---- Russian TV Show Host Mediates Crisis

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 07:18:47 PST 2009

Don't know that book. Sure, alcoholism is a serious problem (especially due to the particular drinking patterns -- per capita alcohol consumption is actually not all that high, but the binging pattern and prevalence of hard liquor vs. beer or wine bumps things up tremendously). I'm not sure that the phenomenon of the zapoi exists in the contemporary West (does Polish have a comparable word?).

Cannibalism, however, is not.