[lbo-talk] CNN prints "Libertarian" ideas to save economy

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:41:41 PST 2009

B. sez:

Amazing how the term "libertarian" went from meaning left-anarchism -- i.e Libertarian labor Review, renamed to Anarcho-Syndicalist Review ca. 1999 because of the term's decay - to this claptrap.

J. sez:

Uh, no. I do believe that the dominant meaning of libertarianism in the US has long been bound to Randroids, Harry Browne, strict constructionism, right-wing tax resisters, etc. The three or four people partial to the former Libertarian Labor Review need not feel like their trademark was ripped off.

PS I don't mean to slag the LLR. I've got some back copies stored in a shed somewhere. They did a great thermodynamic critique of the LTV way back in 1993, before it was fashionable.

_________________________________________________________________ Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_022009