[lbo-talk] Inflation/deflation illusion ?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:36:58 PST 2009

I was a kid then - in a family with no money - and didn't really experience it as I have this one. Thinking sociologically, it seems to me the social meaning of a limited investor class experiencing such a decline and the social meaning of everyone with a retirement fund experiencing it are very different. And, for reasons rooted in nothing more than "everything I've ever been told", the mid-to-late 60s and pre-oil shock 70s haven't been presented as a period flush with economic problems and I don't see any other way to present the last decade. Lame, unscientific reasons, I know, but there we have it. I've been wrong before and surely will be again. -Alan