[lbo-talk] fresh rant

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 13 10:57:29 PST 2009

<http://doughenwood.wordpress.com/2009/02/13/radio-commentary-february-12-2009/

Radio commentary, February 12, 2009 Posted by: dhenwood | February 13, 2009

Quite a spectacle in Congress on Wednesday, wasn’t it? Watching the assembled CEOs of our biggest banks testifying really put all our pathologies on display. On one side of the table, the bankers looked like dim and evasive hacks—it was easy to see how they drove their vehicles into the ditch. But on the other side of the table, many of the Congresspeople looked like preening and devious hacks. Where were they while the bankers were driving the vehicles into the ditch? And what really do they presume to do about all this? Nationalize the banks? Ha. More on that delightful topic in a bit.