[lbo-talk] 'great' 'conservative' movies

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 10:26:53 PST 2009

Goofy libertarianism is not attractive to creative types, as far as I can see. I mean, Red Dawn or The Fountainhead have their points, but I would not call them "great." Romanticism is much more appealling, see, e.g., GWTW. So is noir. Although originally a left or even commie creation, it can take a distinctly fascistic bent. Sam Fuller's great Pickup on South Street. Fritz Lang (himself a leftist's wonderful The Big Heat -- although that's more individualistic, maybe.