[lbo-talk] Books on suburbia

Michael Ferro fagiolaio at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 10:54:54 PST 2009

James Howard Kunstler, The Geography of Nowhere

The Geography of Nowhere, my first non-fiction book on the tragic sprawlscape of cartoon architecture, junked cities, and ravaged countryside where we live and work. I argued that the mess we've made of our everyday environment was not merely the symptom of a troubled culture, but one of the primary causes of our troubles. "We created a landscape of scary places, and we became a nation of scary people."