[lbo-talk] In the End, J.G. Ballard Is Always Proven Right

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:54:31 PST 2009

Point taken, and no doubt correct. But in ASFTINDA, DFW left most of the theory onshore, and got right to the heart of the dismal pleasure cruise industry, which when you think of it, is very much akin to the purpose of Dubai: giants cruise ships sailing in circles in order to manufacture a "good time" for the hoi polloi. Dubai's clientle may be higher on the economic ladder, but the falsity and artifice remain similar.