[lbo-talk] More Kovel

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Feb 20 16:37:26 PST 2009

I wrote Exec VP Papadimitriou and he wrote back blaming budget cuts. "We are sorry for and astonished at his allegations, which have no basis in fact" he wrote, which I find hard to believe, on several counts.

Jenny Brown

I got the same letter. I have met him. He has used my work in the past. The Levy Institute that he runs is very good.

A very sad performance by Dimitri. Mike Perelman

Yup. Haven't heard back from them on mine. I went to Bard's webpage where they proudly announce:

``Bard College and Al Quds University Create New Initiatives to Improve Palestinian Education System''

http://www.bard.edu/

Nice. So if you wiki Al Quds you find it's an Arab University in Jerusalem that barely escaped being cut in two by the Israeli security wall. Of course it has to maintain multiple extension centers in various Palestinian bantustans on the West Bank because Palestinian travel to Jerusalem is restricted. And it goes without saying that if Bard or anyone else wanted to make significant contributions to Palestinian education it would help a great deal if the Israelis turned on the water and electricity, and stop bombing the schools in Gaza... and stop blocking UNICEF efforts to provide aid to primary and secondary education... blah, blah, blah.

CG