[lbo-talk] Vietnam

James Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 11:29:28 PST 2009

Does anyone here know much about Vietnam today? I know one of the regular posters is a real aficionado of developmental states although I forget who--- do you know about Vietnam? I'm curious what people think of their developmental state and the country in general these days. I know we've discussed this stuff before about china but vietnam's kinda different in some ways right. If anyone has any idea of good resources or interesting contemporary books i could really use a pointer or two. I wonder if people on this list have any particular opinion, ideological or otherwise, on Vietnam's Da Moi ('renovation', the opening to the global market) process.