[lbo-talk] Vietnam (as dev state)

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:57:00 PST 2009

>It's not about capital, it's about the potential power of the transnational
>proletariat. Sony is a giant transnational corporation, interested only
>in its own enrichment, but the culture-workers at Sony's Santa Monica,
>CA studio created the God of War franchise, one of the most subtle,
>thoughtful and progressive reworkings of Greek mythology ever done.
>What we call the Total System (world-market, world-system, etc.)
>is brimming with such systemic contradictions -- contradictions which
>we progressives, or anyone interested in a humane future, should be
>mindful of and push still further.

Uh, OK. I've no interest in contesting this, even though I find your waxing about the liberatory potential of gaming to be a little off the deep end. (But who I am to say, since your knowledge about it eclipses mine by a factor of ten thousand.)

What I want to know is, what does this have to do with Japanese economic policy before the 1990's and S Korea's export-led growth under the military dictatorship? The "developmental state" was the topic, yes? Your conceptual elasticity runneth over.

_________________________________________________________________ Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_022009