[lbo-talk] Human Smoke

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:31:32 PST 2009

Baker is nearly always a good read, even his weird Updike book. Speaking of weird, a couple of years ago I read this slim little volume, http://www.amazon.com/People-As-Enemy-Leaders-Hidden/dp/1551642166/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235604461&sr=1-6, which takes a 20lb sledge to the concept of "The Good War" and the deification of Churchill, FDR, and so on. I wonder if Baker cites it in his acknowledgments in Human Smoke?