[lbo-talk] RNC's Michael Steele: Jindal is the Slumdog Millionaire governor

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 18:38:37 PST 2009

I know about the Guardian Angels stuff. I was in Dallas when he made a big to-do with his creepy, paramilitary-like gang of busybody, no-life meddlers. That's why I was sort of like, What the hell, a radio show on ABC! The street lingo he uses with Steele is pretty funny. "Give Bobby Jindal some slum love!"

I was in Tucson briefly some years back and seem to remember a similar group there, 'cept they had purple berets (?), shops would hire them as security or something. Felt really creepy to be around them, creepier than actual cops, even. Someone probably knows what I am talking about.

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"Sliwa came to prominence back during the high-crime years in NYC, the 1980s. He ran a vigilante group called the Guardian Angels. He was, and is, a reactionary creep."