[lbo-talk] Human Smoke

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Feb 26 19:19:16 PST 2009

If it's not obvious, the practice by non-Jews of instructing Jews on how to be good Jews is anti-semitic, or at the very least pretty repugnant. The practice of attacking secular Jews for not being religious is an old anti-semitic canard. It's a way of questioning the identity of Jews. The identity of Jews is to have no identity, or to have some kind of malign covert identity. Jews are bad because they are not Jewish enough.

The fairness of the quote remains to be seen, I agree.

mbs

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The question is, is the quote taken out of context or not? If it is,
it is
> either incompetent history or willful distortion of the record.

This is the question, but it isn't the only one raised by the discussion.

. . . The passage partially cited by Brendon (an excellent historian of the British Empire, fwiw) also chastises Trotsky for having "repudiated" his "race" and "spat upon the religion of [his] fathers".