[lbo-talk] It's free! Like the clap!

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Feb 28 05:06:05 PST 2009

At 09:54 PM 2/27/2009, Philip Pilkington wrote:

>Well. according to highly entrusted online sources (heh) "pansy" dates back
>to Elizabethan times...

dunno. this is where i read it:

"<http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=pansy>pansy<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pansy>

c.1450, from M.Fr. pensée "a pansy," lit. "thought, remembrance," from fem. pp. of penser "to think," from L. pensare "consider," freq. of pendere "to weigh" (see <http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=pensive>pensive). So called because it was regarded as a symbol of thought or remembrance. Meaning "effeminate homosexual man" is first recorded 1929. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=pansy

Also, don't let the pansy fool ya: http://thegspot.typepad.com/blog/2008/04/dont-let-the-pa.html

Personally? I was walking by a mound (heh) of pansies last night on my way home and thought that they looked like a bunch of blooming, bursting assholes ready and waiting! I guess Michael's Voyager Cam was on my mind. http://www.gardenerspath.com/plantguide/images/pansies.JPG

shag