[lbo-talk] Modern medical "coverage"

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Feb 28 14:18:36 PST 2009

On Fri Feb 27, 2009, shag wrote:

> > Fantastic Voyage cam up my ass
>
> that should be the title of an X flick! Or maybe a dildo: Fantastic
> Voyager!

That's a great idea. In fact, digital cameras are so cheap now, we could put one one the dildo and you could watch yourself on TV. Or better yet, on a condom. That'd be the one thing that would get men to use condoms: technical bells and whistles. It could be the safe sex idea of the millenium. "Hey, does your condom allow you to email the pictures? Mine does!" That'd make twitter into a fever application.

All that aside, to go back to my original rant, I am embarassed to say that a friend of mine put his finger on what is most probably the one small adjustment on the part of my coverage plan that made a 20 dollar check up into a 200 dollar one: in the 10 years since I last had one, my plan must have moved complete physicals into the part that has a deductible. And this is the first thing I've done this year, so I got the full brunt.

Michael