[lbo-talk] Differences Between Women & Men

magcomm magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 2 08:55:34 PST 2009

Happy New Year LBOsters!

Over in an other group there is a debate about why so few women have joined and participate, as well as the question of whether women communicate differently than men, and might prefer face-to-face interactions over internet communication. Also, the few women there have raised the issue of the acknowledgement of what they say, while such issues do not seem to register with the men.

I was wondering: is there any research or information that has found that there is a difference in communication styles and expectations among women and men? I know the issue of nature/nurture cannot be settled, but I wondered if the differences show up in any research that has been conducted.

Thanks for your help as always.

Brian