[lbo-talk] Americans don't wanna get involved in Gaza

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Fri Jan 9 05:53:57 PST 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

>Given several options for the role the United States should play in
>bringing about peace between Israel and Hezbollah, only 14% of
>Americans said the United States should take the leading role. More
>than half (56%) said the United States should be involved but that
>the United Nations should take the leading role, and another 29%
>said the United States should not be involved at all.

That would go a long way to solving the problem. If the US ceased providing economic, military and political support to the murderous Israeli regime there would be an end in sight. You have to love the way the question is framed though, as if the US wasn't already up to its neck in blood. As if the US wasn't the main culprit in fact. As if Israel was some kind of independent operator, rather than a mere client state that did nothing without consulting its masters. That probably couldn't even exist without the US, certainly not exist as we know it.

But that's the real world. Not relevant to the fantasyland of American political public life I assume.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas