[lbo-talk] Gaza and anti-Semitism

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 07:49:52 PST 2009

Shane Mage writes: "Furedi pretends not to know that the Zionists and their police allies will do anything to smear anyone who dissents from Zionist slaughter as an antisemite, Jewish or not."

Steady on, the opening sentences of the article quoted were

"I HAVE always criticised the tendency of some Zionist commentators to dismiss all criticism of Israel as anti-Semitic. Such a defensive knee-jerk reaction simply avoids confronting the issues and undermines the possibility of dialogue."

I suggest you look at the picture I posted again, and then tell me that it is not a problem for people on the left to march alongside it and say nothing:

http://www.spiked-online.com/images/baby_eater.gif

http://www.spiked-online.com/images/baby_eater2.gif

Nobody here is saying that these stupidities justify what Israel does, or should stop us opposing Israel's war, but radicals have a responsibility to address the problems in their own movement.