[lbo-talk] Be Seeing You

magcomm magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 15 08:12:59 PST 2009

> One of the giants of the 20th century media.

Undoubtedly. From DANGER MAN through THE PRISONER (the original "what-the-hell-was-that-ending" series) to one of the great murderers on COLUMBO, McGoohan was just exceptional. I also love him as the warden in Siegel's ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ. He could play villain or hero and make you love him in either incarnation.

Watched DANGER MAN (aka Secret Agent) and THE PRISONER as a teenager and they made a huge impact. I am always amazed at how much stayed with me and is always at the ready to be recalled. Somehow it is appropriate that no definitive sequence of the 17 PRISONER episodes exists: they will not be numbered!

> Exquisite timing, though - he lived just long enough
to see neoliberalism destroy itself from within, like a supersized version of "Fall Out".

And just before the inauguration of a new #2.

Brian