[lbo-talk] Gaza and anti Semitism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 16 13:46:02 PST 2009

On Jan 16, 2009, at 4:06 PM, James Heartfield wrote:

> And right on cue, here are the anti-capitalists lauding the
> firebombing of a "zionist owned premises" [except Starbucks is not
> "zionist owned", it is a publicly listed company]

I think that firebombings like this are nutty and pointless, but Howard Schultz, the founder of Starbucks who recently returned as its CEO, is a bigtime Zionist.

But really, James, how much does this matter? I see this is an obsession of Spiked. Why harp on anti-Semitism when Israel is killing vast quantities of Palestinians?

Doug