[lbo-talk] Empty and meretricious

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Jan 20 12:29:35 PST 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 1:52 PM, I wrote:
> Obama lauded those who fought at "Concord and Normandy and
> Khesan." Not a word, of course, about the thousands of African-
> American slaves who threw off their chains to fight and die against
> the revered slavedriving Founding Fathers...

Quoting from memory, I forgot that Obama included *Gettysburg* in that list. I should have included mention that the "Americans" who fought there wore Grey as well as Blue, and called for a parallel to Fort Pillow. Nathan Bedford Forrest, who should have been hanged a hundred times over, was amnestied just like Bush (de facto) will be, and he went free to found the KKK.

> ...and for the legitimate government of their country. Nor, of
> course, a rhetorical parallel of Normandy and Tokyo or of Khesan and
> Mylai-- even though the soldiers perpetrating those genocidal
> massacres were no different--and perhaps were even the same persons--
> as those who fought at Normandy and Khesan...

Shane Mage