[lbo-talk] worst prezdinet

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 21 18:12:34 PST 2009

On Jan 21, 2009, at 7:10 PM, RCu8598882 at aol.com wrote:

> The prison may stay open or it may close, but in the ideology of
> this list
> its open forever. Clairvoyant seers all!
> Oh what fun it is to exchange barbs with the Marxist left who, like
> all
> utopians, think only in absolutes--a clear sign of an adolescent mind

What the fuck are you talking about? Yeah, Gitmo will probably close, though they'll take their time about it, and there will probably be a lot of messiness in the way the actual prisoners are treated. But you think that will change the fundamental U.S. relations with the outside world? Will Israel get cut off? Will we pay reparations to Iraq? Will we stop bombing Afghan wedding parties?

Doug