[lbo-talk] Kevin Kelly of Wired critiques private property

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jan 22 23:17:58 PST 2009

Philip Pilkington writes:

> He envisages a world where our cultural products escape
> the tyranny of "the Man". Sure, that would be great, but
> what would really happen if this occurred in an economy
> which functions in and through the profit motive?

On the other hand, a few years ago two interesting factoids surfaced:

1) Microsoft claimed to be losing up to $300M/yr to Chinese software pirates 2) Coca Cola was spending $1.2B/yr on advertising in China

Solution: Coca-Cola pays Microsoft to make software, get a free license with every 6-pack and skip the "trade crisis" ...

/jordan